Showing all 2 results
OUTDOOR109,90 € Quick view
Polarized Category 4 Lenses
OUTDOOR94,90 € Quick view
CLIP IN for prescription lenses included
Category 4 Lenses
Showing all 2 results
PRESCRIPTION SPORT GLASSES CATEGORY 4 LENSES
Those who face the mountain and live it in all its characteristics know very well how important it is to use the right equipment so as not to be caught unprepared during the entire length of the excursion.
It is essential to better protect your eyes, given the greater solar intensity and stronger UV types of the mountain.
For those who daily use prescription sport glasses , DEMON has created prescription sport glasses with category 4 lenses for mountaineering, ski mountaineering and hiking.
The eyewear is created with the trekker and the alpinist in mind: an ultra-light frame that is resistant to high and low temperatures, a removable sweatband, an adjustable and removable elastic cord and category 4 lenses that are optimal for mountains and high mountains.
The prescription sport glasses with category 4 lenses can be used for a normal trekking excursion as for the practice of Mountaineering and ski touring. Category 4 lenses (darker than common category 3 smoke lenses) are particularly suitable even for those who suffer particularly intense light.
The particularity of this eyewear lies in a special attachment in the frame, in which to apply the optical clip in which the graduated lenses for visual correction are inserted.
This special technology allows those who need prescription lenses to be able to use technical lenses for mountain and mountaineering together with their prescription lenses.
Graduate a curved lens in base 8 (typical of sports glasses) especially by choosing as a type of lens the category 4 smoke is very expensive. In the solution with optical clip instead, it is economical and at the same time high-performance.
Technical features of prescription sport glasses with category 4 lenses:
- Lenses Category 4: Are technical lenses used for Mountain and Mountaineering. The internal coloring is smoke and is used to maintain the optimal relaxation of the eyes even in very strong light conditions and for very long use. The prescription sport glasses with category 4 lenses can also be used for trekking excursions at lower elevations, for skiing and for the practice of any sport for those who particularly suffer from strong and very strong solar intensity. The category 4 lens can also be used outside the purely mountain range, in fact it is recommended for all sports with very long exposure to very strong sunlight, it can in fact be used for: sailing and navigation, paragliding and flying.
- Shatterproof lenses: A fundamental characteristic of prescription sport glasses with category 4 lenses is un breakability. DEMON lenses are made of solid first quality anti-breakable polycarbonate. In addition to being lighter than lenses made with conventional materials, they are more resistant to accidental impacts, and therefore safer. In the event of a very strong impact, the lens distributes the shock of impact in all its surface creating a spider web effect that invalidates it, it does not generate any kind of fragment that could damage the eye.
- Optical Clip : The optical clip is the technology that makes the prescription sport glasses with category 4 lenses unique in its kind, combining mountain sunglasses with the world of eyeglasses.
The optical clip is inserted in the pressure frame through a special allocation in the frame, it can be removed at will, especially because it is possible to use the prescription sport glasses also by removing the optical clip in case you intend to practice your activity favorite sportswear using contact lenses. The optical clip can also be used both with a sweat sponge installed and in case you want to use the glasses by removing it.
The optical clip is created in the same material as the frame, therefore it is very elastic and resistant even at high and low temperatures.
- Ultralight and Elastic Frame: All frames of the prescription sport glasses with category 4 lenses are made of TR90, a special composition of Nylon and Carbon Fiber which makes the eyewear 20% lighter than the use of conventional materials. The glasses are more resistant to accidental impacts and more resistant to high and low temperatures without breakage or deformation. The TR90 is a special hypoallergenic plastic composition with “memory”, this means that when we wear the glasses it acts like an elastic wrapping the head gently and then returning to the original shape when we remove the glasses.
- Accessories: The OPTO OUTDOOR RX model with category 4 lenses is equipped with 2 special accessories that those who practice Alpinism know well and that make the difference between a normal mountain pair of glasses and a technical pair of glasses. – Removable Sweat Sponge: The sweat sponge is a very interesting element, in addition to preventing the sweat from coming into contact with the eyes, it protects the athlete from the air by forming a lateral barrier, and also prevents the light from filtering laterally from the glasses frame. – Adjustable elastic cord: this accessory is often considered as important as the sweat sponge; in fact, it allows to increase the stability of the glasses to the face and acts as a support to avoid losing the glasses when not in use. Even the elastic cord can be removed when not needed.
Using prescription sport glasses with category 4 lenses for your excursions is the ideal solution for those who want a technical eyewear to experience the mountains and at the same time look for a solution with a low cost.