OUTDOOR SUNGLASSES WITH PHOTOCHROMIC LENSES
Mountain weather is often unstable and changes very quickly. It is essential to always be prepared with technical equipment to protect yourself and improve performance and make your excursion safer.
Regardless of the discipline: Mountaineering, Hiking, Climbing or Nordic Walking, it is essential to protect one’s eyes with lenses appropriate to a greater intensity of Light and UV rays typical of the Mountain, High Mountain and Glacier.
There are various types of lenses and models of glasses on the market that can be used in the mountains, so it is essential to choose the eyewear that best suits your needs and that allows for the constant and perfect view of the path.
DEMON has created for all mountain enthusiasts who practice mountain climbing and hiking models of outdoor glasses with photochromic lenses, which can be used and that best protect the eyes of the athlete with very intense solar and UV intensity even for very prolonged use.
The photochromic outdoor lenses represent the top of the range for the hiker and mountaineer who wants to experience the mountains at 360 ° with the awareness of having the maximum protection of their eyes and the constant and perfect vision of the path.
The outdoor glasses with photochromic lenses are dynamic at every change of light, in the sections of direct exposure to the light the lens generates a chemical reaction darkening, in the shaded sections (tunnels, dense forest zones) the lens will return clear to the original state.
The darkness of the lens of outdoor glasses with photochromic lenses varies according to the intensity of UV rays and light. In fact, the lens darkens “as much as necessary” in fact the more intense the UV will be the more the lens in direct contact with the light will become dark. Using the photochromic lens 2-4 for outdoor use in glaciers or high mountains, the lens varies until it reaches category 4 (safety generally used for mountaineering, as it offers greater protection from light).
What are the main features of OUTDOOR glasses with photochromic lenses:
- Dynamic lenses: Using an outdoor photochromic lens that adapts according to the weather and light conditions present in the route is the best choice from the technical point of view and comfort that a mountain lover can choose. The photochromic lenses of the 2-4 outdoor glasses are special photochromic lenses that start from the protection category in the non-work phase 2 (equivalent to the darkness of an orange lens) and then darken based on the UV intensity and Light until reaching of category 4 (only if necessary). The maximum safety that the outdoor photochromic lens (category 4) can reach is the lens commonly chosen by those who practice mountain climbing or glacier excursions.
- However, this type of lens can also be used for trekking at lower elevations because the lens only darkens “as much as necessary” reaching category 3 in the event of intense sunshine, but raising the level of protection with increasing altitude or light intensity. Furthermore, choosing a dynamic lens that constantly adapts to the course is equivalent to using an outdoor pair of glasses that you wear for the duration of your excursion.
- Shatterproof lenses: Regarding the safety for photochromic eyes of outdoor glasses are made of anti-breakage polycarbonate. In the event of an accidental impact, the lens does not create fragments that could damage the eyes, but distribute the shock throughout the lens surface, invalidating it. It is essential to consider not only the visual aspect of the excursion but also the complete safety in case of unexpected events.
- Decentralized and optically perfect lenses: The lens decentralization is fundamental in the precision of the path vision. In fact, some non-decentralized lenses can generate small visual distortions, showing a point offset even by centimeters, this can make the difference especially in difficult and complicated sections between a fall and the brilliant overcoming.
- Ultra-light and elastic frames: The frames of outdoor glasses with photochromic lenses are in TR90, a special composition of Nylon and Carbon fiber. The glasses are 20% lighter than conventional materials, more elastic and consequently comfortable in the fit of the glasses. More resistant to impact and traction at high and low temperatures. The TR90 is a hypoallergenic material, so it can be used for very prolonged use in all weather conditions without irritating the skin.
- Grip rubber parts: The inner rubber parts are in soft hypoallergenic Megol, which in addition to the grip function (greater stability of the glasses to the face) offer greater comfort in the fit.
- Accessories: The MAKALU and OUTDOOR models with photochromic lenses have a removable internal sweat sponge. The internal sponge as well as preventing the side passage of light, wind, dust and various projections protects the eyes from the cold in case they are used at low temperatures. It is also removable at will when not needed.
All models of outdoor glasses with photochromic lenses have a removable elastic cord that allows the eyeglasses to be anchored to the face for greater stability and safety.
The MASTERPIECE model is equipped with removable side panels. In fact, it is possible to remove the side protections of the glasses when not necessary.
The MASTERPIECE and MAKALU models are equipped with adjustable nose pads. In fact, it is possible to adjust the rubber part of the nose to better adapt the glasses to your face.
For those who use eyeglasses:
For those who use eyeglasses there is the OPTO OUTDOOR RX variant. Hiking and mountaineering eyewear with 2-4 photochromic lenses with internal clips in which it is possible to insert graduated lenses through one’s own trusted optician. The wide field of vision allows those who use it to have the advantage of a technical mountain pair of glasses with a combined lens.
For more information on the OPTO OUTDOOR RX model click here