MOUNTAINEERING AND HIKING SUNGLASSES
The world of the Mountain contains a wide range of disciplines that makes a full immersion in the nature of Trekking to arrive at the pure adrenaline of climbing, Hiking and mountaineering. People that loves Mountain knows well that it is a real philosophy of life. The rustle of the wind in the meadows, the sound of the water in the creek next to us, the silence of the summit, the majestic landscape that we can see. Are those details that we love.
DEMON has created for lovers of Outdoor practicing a line of technical sunglasses to allow the athlete, first lover of the mountain, to fight any kind of weather conditions and focus on the only one thing that is really important, live the mountain.
DEMON guarantees that all of their lenses offer 100% protection from UVA, B, and C rays, so Athletes and lovers of the mountain are protected with first requirement.
In DEMON mountaineering and Hiking range, there thechnical sunglasses with:
- Photochromic lenses 2-4: Made for high mountain, are lenses that set off a reversible chemical reaction, causing them to darken when exposed to UV radiation or solar light in general. Once the radiation disappears, the lenses gradually return to their original transparent colour. Lenses range from a category two to a category four lens depending on conditions, approximately blocking 78%-93% of visible light.
- Category 4 Lenses: The key thing to look for in a high-altitude snow lens is that it has a Category 4 rating, which means it will block approximately 90% of visible light. Are technical lenses for the high mountain. They are darker than category 3 lenses and offer an higher protection for your eyes.
- Category 3 Lenses: Are in policarbonate, decentered and optically correct. Is the right choose for people that are looking for a sport sunglasses, but don't need to have darker lenses for very high mountain.
- Polarized lenses: Are technical lenses that guarantee 100% protection from UV rays and more: this special type of lens is even capable of concentrating of diverging light rays and attenuating the UV-A and UV-B radiations by means of a polarizing filter to eliminate glare.These particular charateristics make them excellent for all sport, but also for any recreational activity in that they prevent eyes from tiring. The advantages of polarized lenses are:
»improved perception of contrast
»no changes in natural colours
Frames are in TR90 wich is a special composition of Nylon and fiber of carbon. Frames in TR90 are 20% lighter than conventional materials and are more resistant to shock and traction.
Some Styles of sunglasses for Hiking and Mountaineering have specific Technichal Features for the High Mountain Like:
- Side Shields: Plastic parts to protect Your Eyes from the light from side parts. MASTERPIECE model has this specific Feature.
- Soft sponge: In Neoprene, The idea is similar to a snow goggle. The soft sponge protect your Eyes on glacier from UV Rays and avoid that sweat drops into your Eyes.
- Neoprene Adjustable Elastic Band: Special elastic band suggested for hiking and mountaineeing that increase fitting of sunglasses.
No compromise, no sacrifice, top performance always and anyway. DEMON is the solution for all sports fans - whether professionals or enthusiastas - who never stop, who drive themselves beyond the most extreme limits.