Polarized sunglasses for driving to reach your destination in complete safety.
Polarized driving lenses not only make driving more enjoyable and relaxing, but they also significantly increase safety. What are the factors to consider when looking for polarized sunglasses to drive?
Regardless of whether the vehicle is a car, a truck, a motorcycle or a simple bicycle, it is essential to always have the perfect view of the road.
Every time we drive, our eyes are forced to play a very strenuous role: Seeing with dazzling sunlight, with little light, with wet roads that create reflections of light, with fog, without forgetting the people who like us they use the road, the road signs and traffic lights to observe.
As a rule, using sunglasses for driving effectively helps our eyes to counteract all difficult light conditions that can diminish the vision of the road, generating dangers and possible accidents.
Many actions that we carry out every day are the result of extensive information processing between the brain and our eyes, such as driving a vehicle. While driving, the eyes collect a considerable amount of information that is subsequently processed by the brain and allow us to perform actions such as: preventing and avoiding incorrect maneuvers of others, avoiding any obstacles, or simply putting into practice all the maneuvers necessary for a pleasant and safe driving.
There are some external stimuli that can adversely affect our eyes, which will provide incomplete or incorrect information to the brain, altering the visual perception creating dangerous situations, generating tiredness and eyestrain, typical of those driving for prolonged periods.
There is no natural remedy to help the eyes provide the right information to the brain for all the particular conditions that can occur to the driver. However, it is possible to carefully choose the sunglasses we can wear when driving.
Perfect driving vision is the combination of many factors. It is very important to be able to drive without the discomfort of various reflections and glare, with a good contrast and in a clear way. The wrapping of the frame also plays a fundamental role in fact it reduces in important world that the light can enter laterally reaching annoyingly in our eyes. The wraparound frame for riding sunglasses also plays a fundamental role in the event of sudden movements with the head, anchoring the sunglasses we are wearing to the face.
WHICH LENSES ARE RECOMMENDED FOR DRIVING:
Basically, using a good pair of sunglasses to guide your car (the one used daily) can effectively protect the eye from intense light. However, it is essential for every car driver or biker to evaluate the polarized sunglasses for driving, starting from the features and technologies of the lens.
- Lens coloring: For your driving sunglasses it is essential to use a lens coloring that not only effectively contrasts the light but generates the right contrast of colors to correctly see the colors of traffic lights and road signs. Use tinted lenses: Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow can create important variations in the contrast of colors, disadvantaging the correct vision and creating dangerous conditions. The correct colors of the spectacle lenses for driving are: Green, Brown and Smoke. Since compared to lighter lenses they are able to help a better absorption of light, also creating better visual contrast and a better perception of colors.
- Lens transmission category: Driving sunglasses should not be too dark. The category of reduction of brightness or solar filter is represented in number from 0 to 4. The lenses: Red, Blue, Orange and Yellow mentioned above are positioned on the scale of category 2 as a reduction in light transmission.
The perfect category of light transmission is 3. To be sure that the sunglasses you currently use, or what you value will have the correct category, you can find it on the inside of the rods, identified with the word «Cat.3». do not use lenses marked with: Cat.4 for driving each vehicle since there is a regulation of the highway code that prohibits its use because it is too dark. They are lenses generally used for Mountaineering or very strong light conditions such as Desert.
- Lens Technology: The polarized lens offers protection from UV rays, but not only: in fact, this special type of lens is able to concentrate or diverge the light rays and to attenuate the UV-A and UV-B radiations through a polarizing filter that eliminates transverse reflections. These lenses allow you to shield the glare and those annoying reflections that are created when sunlight is reflected on reflective surfaces, such as the wet asphalt of the road, winter snow or a metal surface. For all these characteristics it can therefore be used in the practice of every sport, but also in the free time and for the driving of each vehicle as it considerably reduces eye strain. The instrument reading is also significantly improved. It is no coincidence that the polarized lens was created for the sport of fishing, in fact due to the characteristic of eliminating reflections, it is often used for sports practiced close to water. Later introduced in water sports, the polarized lens has been extended to every type of sport and recommended for driving, as it represents the most relaxing lens for the eye on the market.
- Lens material: It is also essential to choose the lens materials when choosing your riding sunglasses. The eyewear lens must be made of anti-breakage polycarbonate, in fact it must offer maximum protection for your eyes in the event of accidental impacts (ex: impact with an airbag or impact with the surface of the helmet. lens construction phase that in the event of very strong impacts prevents the lens from breaking and fragmenting, damaging the eye. This special feature of the lens considerably lengthens the lifespan of the sunglasses in the event of a fall or impact not deriving from use of it the polycarbonate lens is much lighter than conventional lenses, avoiding weighing down the sunglasses frontally and making it more stable and balanced).
FRAME FORM AND MATERIALS
- Frame material: The DEMON line frames are created in TR90, a special composition of Nylon and Carbon Fiber. Driving sunglasses are therefore 20% lighter than conventional materials, increasing elasticity and comfort, making them non-deformable at high and low temperatures. This special material is hypoallergenic, it is therefore biologically safe for direct and prolonged contact with the skin. The TR90 has a characteristic of memory, the frame will adapt to your face, spreading out to wrap it at its best, when you remove the sunglasses the frame will return to its original shape. The consequence of using this material is the considerable increase in the lifespan of your sunglasses for driving compared to sunglasses produced with conventional materials.
- Wheeled parts: The rubber parts inserted inside the driving sunglasses are the result of years of experience in the sports field. The use of rubber parts in sports is strongly adopted in every discipline, in fact the use of hypoallergenic rubbers with grip function are used to prevent all the annoying micro slips of the sunglasses towards the tip of the nose typical in sudden movements or in phase of vibration In the field of driving sunglasses, this technology increases the comfort of the eyeglass’s fit and its stability during sudden head movements, even at very high temperatures or if you are sweating from prolonged driving.
- Shape of the Frame: For driving glasses it is very important to have a wide field of view, therefore enveloping frames are preferred which allow a strong increase in the lateral vision and favor the contrast of the lateral light preventing the light from reaching laterally in contact with your eyes. The width and thickness of the frame are only an aesthetic factor that is not relevant to the use, because your glasses for driving as well as being functional is also aesthetically beautiful and fashionable.
Using DEMON polarized sunglasses for driving is a safety for your eyes thanks to Bigline’s experience in eyewear since 1975.